I was recently asked a question by a fellow mapper about how to add a new dictionary in XMind 7.
I've personally never done this, so I did a little research and checked in with my contact over at XMind. I'll show you a way to do it in XMind 7, and I'll also drop some hints of what might be coming in the future.
XMind's suggested process
The current official instructions can be found over on XMind's helpdesk site.
Here's the excerpt:
How to add my own dictionary into XMind?
In XMind, the default spell checking uses English dictionary (.dict). If English is not your major language, you can add your own language dictionary into XMind with the following steps.
- Get your own dictionary (normally it will be .dict, .txt or .dic file),
- Change the file extension to .dict, if it's not,
- Launch XMind, open Preferences from Edit menu (it's under XMind menu on Mac OS X),
- Open Spelling page (Preferences — Spelling),
- Click Add button, select your .dict file and add into XMind,
- Click Apply button to save changes in XMind.