Wouldn't it be nice if you could take all the info you're collecting and finally get organized?
If you're like most people you probably have a ton of information coming in and you've got nowhere to hide.
In this episode of the You're Making Me Podcast we'll go over some simple ways to get organized and deal with the information deluge you're experiencing.
The “Shiny App” myth
When I talk to people about productivity and time management, one of the biggest things that comes up is the belief that there's a magic app out there that will instantly solve the problem.
I've been fighting against this for a while, but if you look at most time management blogs, that's all they talk about. They say, “Buy a $3.00 app and solve all your problems for life.”
I completely agree that apps CAN be important to a good system, but they don't make the system.
That's why today, we'll look at how you can get organized… and I'll throw in some app references to whet your appetite .
With a bit of a plan, and a minimal amount of effort on your part, you can you can jump from 0 to light-speed in your quest to get organized.
Listen to the podcast:
In this episode you'll learn:
- What potato chips have to do with a powerful system
- The difference between an app and a system
- Which new feature I've added to the “Top X of a Topic”
- Why anyone using email and Word Docs to organize should run for cover
- Why using IFTTT.com could actually be hurting your productivity
Other items mentioned in the podcast:
yWriter5 download (It's free, but why not donate a few $$$)
Let me help you get organized
If you've enjoyed this episode, why not head over to YoureMakingMe.com/Episode30 to continue the discussion.
I would also love a positive rating on iTunes. I'll try to read all of my 5 star ratings on the show.
Other Listening Options:
- Stitcher Smartphone App (iOS and Android)
- YoureMakingMe.com – Friday Podcast only
- YoureMakingMe.com – Full Feed (Friday Podcast and 1-2 other posts/week)
Image Credit: bizior