I performed a content audit on Visual Productivity because I wanted to make sure that every post and page on my site will provide you with exceptional content. I’ve gone through each post and left some alone, queued up some for re-writing, and marked several others for deletion.
If you find yourself being redirected to this page, there’s a good chance it was from a page that no longer exists.
Why would I delete anything?
I’m deleting a lot of posts, because I’ve made a lot of changes to this blog since I started it in 2007. The name has changed, from YoureMakingMe to Visual Productivity, and the topics I write on have changed a few times.
When I first contemplated deleting posts I dismissed the idea – telling myself it was crazy.
I figured that more content was better than less content. That argument seems logical, but it’s actually wrong. It’s much better to have fewer posts, but make sure they’re higher quality. I’ve grown a lot as a writer over the past several years too. I’m not perfect by any means, but as I look back on some of the content I’ve produced, I know I can do it better now. That’s why some post will be deleted, but others will be rewritten to improve upon ideas that I still think are great. My goal is to make my older posts as enjoyable to read as my newer content.
When will the rewrites be done?
There are several dozen posts that I’ve marked for rewrite, so the process will take a while. I’ll check in from time to time to let you know how things are going. I still plan on posting new content regularly and upping my video production significantly going forward, so I’ll be clear that the rewrites will be done, but everything will happen in the order that it’s prioritized.
New topic breakdown
All posts will be gradually transferred over into one of four different categories:
- Visual Mapping – All things visual. Mostly visual mapping and definitely including more software brands than I have in the past.
- Learning – I’ll set out a series of learning challenges. You can follow along as I challenge myself to learn new skills and information. I’ll be sharing the tools I use and the results I achieve.
- Creativity – This is all about coming up with great ideas and innovative solutions.
- Productivity – I’ll still be sharing a lot of ideas and tips about being productive.
- Reviews (maybe)– I may add a section to showcase the most current reviews. I’m not completely sure, but we’ll see what happens once I’ve finished my updates.
The content on the site will be similar in some cases, and completely different for other categories. I’m very excited about what’s in store going forward.
Visual Productivity Posts
Starting # of Posts: 267
Ending # of Posts: 185
Posts deleted: 82
Posts rewritten: ???
Starting # of videos# 157
Ending # of videos: 110
Videos Deleted: 47